Welcome to the 2023-2024 School Year!
Hi! I'm Mrs. Zermane and I am the Pre-K - 6th Grade School Counselor at Island Heights Grade School. This is my seventh year at IHGS and I am so excited to continue working with the students and their families. My job is to work with students on academic, personal, and social-emotional development.
What does a School Counselor do?
- Teach classroom lessons on Social-Emotional Learning (SEL)
- Facilitate short-term small group counseling
- Provide immediate and short-term individual counseling
- Work collaboratively with teachers and staff
- Consult with parents
- Provide information and/or referrals for community resources to families
If you have any questions or concerns,
please email me at email@example.com or call 732-929-1222 ext. 202
- 2nd FLOOR: Youth Helpline
- Social Emotional Resources
- SEL Resources for Families and Educators
- Mental Health Association in NJ