Your VOICE MATTERS - Bond Referendum
Tuesday, March 8, 2016
On Tuesday, March 8, the Island Heights School District will ask the community to vote on a special, reduced $2.9 million bond referendum to fund necessary improvements to the Island Heights Grade School. Click here for more detailed information.
- If approved, the referendum will fund new roofing, HVAC upgrades, interior security doors and windows, siding and stucco repairs, bathroom renovations to meet current codes, safety improvements and electrical upgrades.
- The district is eligible to receive 40% of the estimated total project cost.
- The estimated tax impact is $12 per month for 21 years on a home assessed at the average value of $382,223
Your VOTE MATTERS…
In order to vote, you MUST be registered to vote by February 16. You can download voter registration forms at the NJ Division of Elections at www.njelections.org.
If you are registered but will be unable to vote in person on March 8, apply for an absentee ballot up through March 1 at the Ocean County Clerk’s Office; you must return the completed ballot by March 8.
Visit our booths with referendum information at the following district events:
- Theater Night at Central Regional High School on Friday, February 19
- Board of Education Referendum Forum on Wednesday, February 24
- Bingo for Books at Island Heights Grade School on Friday, March 4
You may also call us at 732-929-1211 for more information.